SLS & SLSA

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmg1177

Reaction score
What is the difference between SLS & SLSA in bath products? I want to make a bubble bar for the bath. Does it really matter which one I use? I am new and don't know the difference. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'd been wondering the exact same thing for the longest time. This cleared it out for me:

"Sodium lauryl sulfoacetate vs. Sodium lauryl sulfate
Although an ingredient's name may sound similar to another, it does not mean that the molecules are similar with respect to shape, size, performance or even function. Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate sounds similar to Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, however, the two molecules are quite different from each other. Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate is a large molecule ingredient. Large molecule ingredients are considered to be mild, gentle, and non-irritating, as they cannot penetrate the skin. In contrast, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is a small molecule ingredient, and is capable of penetrating the skin, which can increase the occurrence of skin irritation."

...got it here http://www.avalonorganics.com/?id=124&show=S

Happy soaping!

Latest posts

Back