Just starting out

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewepootoo

Reaction score
I am just starting out to make my own soap so I thought I best begin with melt and pour. This seems to be the easiest way to see if I will enjoy soap making. I have been given a large quantity of white kaolin clay and through research on the net, I have discovered that it can be put to good use in soap products. I have been hovering over my mailbox waiting on a package of melt and pour base I have bought on ebay and I will buy a sampler pack of 10 fragrances to decide which ones I like before going into production. Are the silicon moulds the best? Everything made from silicon seems to be the bee's knee's. I hope soap making is not as addictive as it sounds, I am trying to break my obsessive collecting of just about anything i.e. Kaolin. Still I figure there is no such thing as having too much soap in the house and I am sure I will have no trouble giving it to friends. Steve :D

Beware soaping is highly addictive !! but just great fun anyway. :lol:
I have a huge amount of molds mostly plastic types they are the ones l have probably ruined my thumb joints on removing soap that just doesn't want to budge but they are not a bad price and the range is huge,my silicone ones are a dream for removing soap but unless you are using ordinary household type silicone molds they are expensive.
Good Luck with your new hobby l am sure it will turn into an obsession very shortly. :lol:

Sounds like you are in for some fun . It truly is addicting , but it's a nice clean addiction :wink: . Good luck and don't forget we love to look at soap pictures :D

Back