Grinding Herbs for MP Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TokenGinger

Reaction score
Hello to you, fellow soap makers! I have been testing MP soap making for the past few months but I have a question I've been researching on and need some perspective on a few questions:

I understand that most herbs and flowers (specifically lavender and rose petals) turn brown or black when used in melt and pour soap over time. I have seen comments that using hair spray on these herbs will help reduce discoloration. Has anyone tried this with success?

Also, I have read that if you steep your tea/herbs (like peppermint) that the herbs when dried out again won't discolor the soap and still work to exfoliate. Does this work? would this work on lavender buds or rose petals?

On a similar note, would lavender buds, rose petals, and peppermint leaves discolor the soap if I were to grind it to a fine powder before using it (any herb for that matter)?

I know that I posted a lot of questions, but I haven't found a good answer to these questions in my research. Thanks for your feedback!

Please post an introduction in The Introduction Section so we can get to know you. Sorry, can't help you with this as I have never used herbs or flowers in my M&P. Maybe someone can step up with an answer.

Latest posts

Back