Almost perfect first time swirling! HP TD lumps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsmadtux

Reaction score
So disappointed. I made it all the way to the end of my Fluid HP charcoal soap and I had wanted to do a light swirl but I had mixed my TD into coconut milk to add after the cook. I didn't realize it wasn't mixed all the way and had some lumps because titanium dioxide is the same color as coconut milk. When I mixed it into the small amount of soap batter I separated for the white, I could see that there were some lumps but I ran out of time before my black was going to start to set and be unswirlable so I just went ahead and plopped it in. I could tell as soon as it was all in the mold that the lumps were going to be noticeable. I unmolded it and sliced a couple pieces when I got home from work and was heartbroken to see that if it hadn't been for the TD it would have been PERFECT!! :headbanging: The soap qualities are wonderful too. I used lard, crisco (palm), coconut oil, olive oil and castor oil. 5% superfat built into the recipe, kaolin clay dissolved in Vitamin E, activated charcoal, coconut milk, titanium dioxide (obviously), tea tree, lavender/lavandin mix, and sweet orange essential oils. No water discount for the coconut milk.

If at first I don't succeed, I will yell four letter words until my neighbors are about to call the cops...then try, try, again.

IMG_2301.jpg

No, the TD spots were 100% intentional. Now the soap is perfect ;)

Gorgeous!

Back