A few pics from the blizzard

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I woke up this morning to blizzard conditions - and more snow than they had downgraded to. 14" and counting. As long as the power holds I'm fine with it. It's going to be subzero for the next few nights, and not out of single digits during the day. More snow on Tuesday. We've moved into the 3rd snowiest winter in Boston - I'm 24 miles south, and have actually had more snow than they have. Gotta get out there and move it all shortly.....

I've never had snow this high - the window is going to disappear. The squirrel baffles are more like perches on the birdfeeders. See how far away that garage is? That's where the snowblowers are........

snow-window.jpg

snow-path.jpg

snow-birdfeeder.jpg

snow-backyard.jpg

I grew up in upstate NY, and my mother still lives there (although at the moment she is out of the country and missing this nasty weather).

When I was a kid in the 70s and 80s I remember a few nasty winters like this; and in the mid 90s I lived in Plattsburgh and we had a couple of bad winters ... but this is crazy.

I live in Maryland now (after some time in California and Arizona) and we don't get that much. Every few years, about this time of year, we get a bad one. 2001 sticks out in my mind when we had a President's day blizzard of 36" - Maryland is ill equipped for that much snow so for a week life had pretty much ground to a halt.

Hope you're OK and come out of this unscathed.

Warm Regards-
Dave

I don't know how big your snowblower is, but with snow THAT deep, any way you try to move it is going to be tough. Be careful, watch out for frostbite. Just walking from work to the parking lot last night, and however much time it took to clear the snow off the car was painfully cold. With this wind and cold, I'm not even thinking about going out with the snowblower, I'll just gun it, and drive over the snow when I leave for work later. Luckily we didn't get nearly as much snow as you, and much of it has blown away somewhere. Looks like you guys got the brunt of it again. When will that weather pattern change???

The Poulan is an 11 hp 36" wide beast, and I just discovered it has a broken shear pin. Great. Thankfully we have two (hubby brought one home from Maine) but it's going to take three times as long to move all that snow. Plus I hate having him come home after being up for 48 hours and have to worry about anything.....

I was watching a news cast from your area an hour ago and have been wondering how you guys have been faring. I feel frostbite coming on just looking at the pictures! I don't mind a bit of snow if I can stay inside by the fire and drink hot toddies, lol, but that's CRAZY! Warm wishes and prayers the power stays on and you all stay safe.

Wow!!! Stay safe and warm!! We got an ice storm here in Tennessee yesterday and it continued through last night. We are under State of Emergency conditions right now....lots of ice! Lots of folks without power. Everyone stay safe!

Last edited:
Wow.......I'll say the Poulan is a beast. Mine is only 5hp, and I can see from your pic that yours throws the snow a lot higher than mine. Good thing, cause you need it, honey. Hoping that there are only sunny skies in your forecast!

Latest posts

Back