Don't people need to be able to read at UPS?!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cindy2428

Reaction score
I ordered among other things my 50# of lard from Soaper's Choice. It was shipped on Saturday with initial confirmation for delivery on Monday. The order was split into 3 shipments. Box 1 arrived as promised. Went online to check on the other two. Both were in Ft. Wayne scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. Okay, I let it go. (I had a complicated root canal on Monday and felt like I lost a prize fight, so all I wanted was Vicodin and an ice pack anyway). Waiting not so patiently on Tuesday, the UPS man finally shows up with Box 2 - Palm oil. I check my email and I'm told there is a schedule delay and my lard will not arrive for an extra day?? It's been sitting in Ft. Wayne since 8:38am Saturday and then today some idiot sends it to Indianapolis!! I was civil when I asked to speak to a supervisor at UPS and she apologized and said she'd fix it. After checking my tracking number again tonight, it's back in Fort Wayne as of 9:30. I did not get an explanation as to why my whole order wasn't delivered on Monday, but I'm still feeling lousy and heaven help the supervisor I speak to if it's not delivered tomorrow. :twisted:

Is this normal? Two weeks ago I ordered something from CA and it took 10 days - My item was delayed because it was "mis-sorted" in Denver. - I put that down to brain cells lost by pot smokers....

Sorry for the rant - I REALLY want my lard!!

I'm sorry you had to have a root canal. I know how you feel - like someone punched you in the jaw. You don't need to apologize for the rant and I hope the lard arrives tomorrow. I find UPS frustrating, too.

I can relate, sometimes I think they shouldn't show us the tracking. Last week I had an order I checked on and it was in the neighboring town. I thought great, I'll have it tomorrow. The next day I checked it went to Vegas. Vegas!! Left the dang state, then finally went to Phoenix. Phoenix is about 30 mins from me. That means it went from the next town over up to Nevada then down to Phoenix. I wish I could travel half as much as my deliveries!

Yes, UPS can be very frustrating. My husband and I have been going round and round with them for a week now trying to have a damage claim settled. They kept sending someone to the wrong addresses to inspect the package no matter how many times we told them our address. Finally got it picked up today..

I'm sorry for the root canal and the UPS problems you're having. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. We've lived in this small/medium sized town for a long time so know all the delivery guys (many of them went to school with my husband). He's had them see him on a job site somewhere in town and give him his packages or call him to let him know he's got a big shipment at the door. When my son had a delivery that needed a signature the driver called and asked can he bring it to our house instead of his since he knew I was home. With all the trouble you guys are having, I'm feeling pretty special, lol!

The supervisor came through and my lard was re-directed on it's way to Indianapolis. (Got it Wednesday) In the meantime my new drying racks came in from soapequipment.com. The price I thought was reasonable - approx. $145- for 5 racks; bought 2, but the shipping was steep - $110-..... Must be because of oversized boxes. Also the base dolly came from them directly in IN. Anyway, a $500- investment for hopefully a new business sometime this year. Love these racks - they stack sturdily and move easily for my already cramped workspace.

Shari -I'll say a prayer for you Monday night. I'm up to ramen noodle soup but I still can't sleep on that side. I finally feel like making soap though so time to start using my lard!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back