NY Times misinformative on soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, it's the cost of living. Everything is pricey there. That said, paying $168 is a reasonable price for the classes considering what you get. $18 for soap is robbery though. You can go to Union Square and pay at the least $6 for soap at the farmer's market.

Yup, I know. I'm just being boring. Been to NYC once and a parking lot is asking $20 something per hour... We returned the rental car and spent the days in museums and Central Park. And some bad tasting ramen near fifth Avenue cost $20. But the interior design looks great. Wish I had known to find better cuisines in "not-so-prime" area or quieter alley. ;)

Yup, I know. I'm just being boring. Been to NYC once and a parking lot is asking $20 something per hour... We returned the rental car and spent the days in museums and Central Park. And some bad tasting ramen near fifth Avenue cost $20. But the interior design looks great. Wish I had known to find better cuisines in "not-so-prime" area or quieter alley. ;)

Momofuko? Ippudo? LOL, I was a local and I avoided prime spots like the plague.:mrgreen:

Sadly none of the above. I think it's owned by Caucasian and cooked by Caucasian local brand. ( see-through kitchen ) I hope I don't sound like a racist in this phrase. :mrgreen: Anyhoo, we had no choices because our legs don't belong to us anymore at the time being. :(

Wow! Talking about branding! Ippudo & momofuko got Caucasian to memorize their name... The owner should be so proud of themselves. ;)

That's not my race so I can't be offended.:lol: It's in Brooklyn but there's a ramen shop that is pretty good and right next to a solid burger joint I sometimes order from when I visit my mom. Note, I say it's pretty good because other people, my ex and sister included, have said it was good. I did not like them solely because I could not get past the fish flavor of my broth, which only I could taste apparently. The only other ramen spot I know of in Manhattan is called Rai Rai Ken but I can't vouch for their menu these days as it has been a good ten years since I ate there.

That's not my race so I can't be offended.:lol: It's in Brooklyn but there's a ramen shop that is pretty good and right next to a solid burger joint I sometimes order from when I visit my mom. Note, I say it's pretty good because other people, my ex and sister included, have said it was good. I did not like them solely because I could not get past the fish flavor of my broth, which only I could taste apparently. The only other ramen spot I know of in Manhattan is called Rai Rai Ken but I can't vouch for their menu these days as it has been a good ten years since I ate there.

Sorry I assume your race. :p Wow! Thanks! Now I know where the local cool kids dine. ;)

Sorry I assume your race. :p Wow! Thanks! Now I know where the local cool kids dine. ;)

Trust me, I could tell you of a few places but I avoid a lot of restaurants in my old haunts too. Trendy and over-priced for fairly edible dishes. I don't denounce the gems however. The best places for a meal tend to be in more ethnic areas I'd tell you to avoid unless you know exactly where you're going (it's easy to get lost) and Queens.

Latest posts

Back