Soy wax melts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevy79

Reaction score
I'm currently using Ecosoya PB to make my wax melts. I was wondering if anyone on here uses this mixed with GW464? If so what ratio do you use?

Last edited:
Yes, I've used those exact 2 and blended at 50/50 ratio. Behaves very well, they pop out of the clamshell easily, great hot and cold throw. BUT I've noticed a lot more frosting. When I use up the GW464 I've got, I'm going back to EcoSoya CB blended with EcoSoya PB.

PS - Welcome to the forum chevy79!

Well shoot didn't want frosting I know PB don't do that. But I have also used 464 by itself before and didn't have any frosting I don't think. I was really just wanted to mix something with the PB to get a little more hot scent throw. I thought I read somewhere that the 464 holds more FO than the PB

And which CB do you use and ratio sorry for being a pain in the butt just want the most out of my soy tarts. Don't like paraffin

You're definitely not a butt pain! I use EcoSoya CB 135 blended with EcoSoya PB at 50/50 ratio. I don't think there's a scent load difference between the GB and ES. Both say recommended load is 6-9% but everything I've read says to always scent soy at 2 oz per lb of wax (ppw) which is 12%. I've never had a problem with separation at 12% either. My usual scent load is 10-12% depending on the strength of the scent I'm using. For example, with florals I always use less (1.5 oz ppw) because they give off more hot throw for me. Fruity scents I use more (2.0 oz ppw), spicy scents are right in the middle somewhere.

A common amount to use is 6% or 1oz per pound of wax. This can be adjusted up or down depending on the type of wax you're using and personal preference.

Back