Winding down the day...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pick 6 fresh mint leaves, put 1 tsp granulated sugar (I used coconut sugar) and crush the leaves and sugar together. This will release the spearmint oils. Cut a piece of minneola rind and twist to release the citrus essential oil. Add juice of 4 minneolas, 1 1/2 oz rum of choice, and some ice cubes. Enjoy!

Thank you!:wave::wave:

I'm going to have to try that minneola Mojito recipe too :)
And rhubarb-infused vodka? Um, yes! Some of my favorite infusions are thyme-infused gin (then add blueberry or blackberry anything) and rose petal-infused gin (for rose gimlets). This summer I experimented with a lot of homemade simple syrups...fresh orange and cinnamon, and fresh marjoram and cucumber were really good.

Tonight, I wound down with hot cocoa and amaretto :)

I will have to try the mojito! That sounds really interesting!

I used to love coffee, until I got an ulcer. Now I rarely have it. Was about once a year at holidays with relatives really high quality coffee. Now its been a few years.

I've always been a tea drinker as well, and tea came first with british heritage. So I'll never give that up. I'm such a tea snob though, my boyfriend makes fun of me because I have a little tea tin and use my own tea at restaurants.

I don't suppose anyone has a fabulous recipe for a hot buttered rum??? Or any other super great, cold weather, wind down drink.
Cheers!
Anna Marie

A glass of Italian prosecco before dinner.

image.jpg

Last edited:
I am in love with it, AnnMarie!

These are so soft and delicious but I am trying to be nice so only had half a piece!

Latest posts

Back