Winding down the day...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnaMarie

Reaction score
The proper way to unwind after a day of experimenting in soap making....hot cocoa and peppermint schnapps!

image.jpg

AnnaMarie that looks seriously delicious. Some tasty sounding beverages there and I'm jelly. Pepsi Girl, I was like whoooaaa, totally blindsided with the diet Pepsi. Figured you for a coke fan.

I have water :(. It's tank water too. Not sure how the water filter is anymore. Think it's due. Might be water with a twist of bird poop. Trade some water for some hot cocoa and peppermint schnapps?

Mmmmm....tank water with a twist of bird poop. Gee, it's hard to turn that down :sick::sick: I think I'll stick with cocoa and schnapps, but I'd love to share with you Derpina :smile:

Water for me too, though I do have a bit of Arizona Green Tea left from earlier. I really hate the tap water here. But I always forget to buy bottled when at the store. At home my roommate and I share these giant 5 gallon bottles that get refilled with reverse osmosis water.

AnnaMarie that looks seriously delicious. Some tasty sounding beverages there and I'm jelly. Pepsi Girl, I was like whoooaaa, totally blindsided with the diet Pepsi. Figured you for a coke fan.

I have water :(. It's tank water too. Not sure how the water filter is anymore. Think it's due. Might be water with a twist of bird poop. Trade some water for some hot cocoa and peppermint schnapps?

At our house it would be grass bugs in the water not only do they flavor the water they add a delightful crunchiness to it as well

PS coke:thumbdown:

At our house it would be grass bugs in the water not only do they flavor the water they add a delightful crunchiness to it as well

PS coke:thumbdown:

Just think of the free protein! My dogs crunch on Christmas beetles in the back yard every summer. Sounds like their eating a packet of chips. Really creates a relaxing atmosphere.

*PS I'm a Pepsi drinker too (when I'm not drinking bird poop infused water).

Derpina Bubbles said:
Oh man, that actually took me a minute hahaha.

Eww, down on both coke and pepsi. I can't drink cola, never could its always made me sick. I used to love Dr Pepper. I rarely drink soda though, and these days if I do it seems to be AW root beer.

Diet Dr Pepper is my poison of choice. It used to be Dr Pepper, but then I started drinking the diet when I was on a diet in high school with one can of regular as treat... But then I stopped drinking the the regular for financial reasons when I was in college, and after a few months of diet only, I couldn't stand the taste of HFCS in US sodas. Now I'll have sodas made with cane sugar on rare occasions, but I can always taste it if I'm handed a regular soda instead of diet.

I wish I could kick the diet soda habit, but I just don't have anything calorie-free to really replace it. (And yes, I've tried nearly everything. Not looking for suggestions. lol)

But as far as a yummy drink to unwind with... Hot chocolate, baby. lol I have my own mix that I use. And if I have some homemade marshmallows, even better!

I am going to be a rebel here and say I am a Coke Zero drinker, but not to wind down. I would much rather have the hot cocoa with schnapps, mint extract or marshmallows...but my real weakness is coffee. Give me coffee morning, noon and night.

That looks fabulous! I love mojitos! I don't suppose you'd share the recipe pretty please???

Pick 6 fresh mint leaves, put 1 tsp granulated sugar (I used coconut sugar) and crush the leaves and sugar together. This will release the spearmint oils. Cut a piece of minneola rind and twist to release the citrus essential oil. Add juice of 4 minneolas, 1 1/2 oz rum of choice, and some ice cubes. Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back