Picking a wick

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj0915

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm completely new to candle making. I am going to be making candles with soy wax (GW 464) in glass jars that have a diameter of 3.25". I purchased the 44-28-18C wick, but now I am afraid that the melt pool won't be large enough. Should I use two of these wicks? Should I order a different wick? I like the idea of cotton core wicks because they are 100% natural, so I'd like to stick with cotton core if possible.

Thanks for your advice!

I'm not sure what that wick is that you are using, I just checked the wick guide and it said for a 82.5mm diameter which is 3.25" the wick is a HTP 1212 or HTP 1312 (soy) or Palm (CDN 26). Having said that, a test burn is always on the cards. I wouldn't use 2 wicks its not big enough for that. These are cotton.

Thanks for your response. The source where I bought the wick from said it works for candles that are 3-4" in diameter. However, other sources online say it works for candles 2-2.5" in diameter. I guess I'll just have to test it and see if it works.

Back