Essential oils for Christmas soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GardenGirl

Reaction score
So, hubby and I have been sniffing EO's till we're light headed . . .

How does Orange, Nutmeg, West Indies Bay & Clove sound?

We kind of liked it but I was wondering if there are any other combos that are Christmas-y.

PrairieCraft said:
I love fir and/or spruce. Perfect for christmas, and affordable EOs.

I second that!

and peppermint (also real cool if you layer your soaps red/white)

mmmmmmmm

Thanks, ya'll.

I just used fir for the first time this past week - I really like it! I mixed it with cedarwood. Very nice.

I also did the orange, nutmeg, clove, w indies bay yesterday. I ended up adding benzoin to it also. Big hit here with the fam! Smells holiday-cooking-ish.

I do already have a peppermint that we love. I forgot that would be Christmas-y, too!

I spose i could experiment with cinnamon. Seems like all I read about says it's so bad for using on the skin - but maybe there's a blend I could come up with that wouldn't need too much cinnamon to have a nice effect.

I have used straight cinnamon in a couple different batches and all the people who have tried it so far have no problem. I added a little cinnamon powder for color and was surprised at the very gentle exfoliation it added.

Prairiecraft, good to know. Did you use it at .5 oz/ppo?

I totally agree with ground cinnamon as an additive - I really like the gentle scratchies it makes! It's one of my favorite textures.

I just made a batch with ginger tea, ground cinnamon, 10x orange EO, lemongrass EO (to anchor) and vanilla FO. It looks and smells like gingerbread.

I agree with Ian. I just made a peppermint yesterday. I didn't like it at first but after the soap set up it smells amazing! Next time I am going to add a little chocolate fo..

I agree with Ian. I just made a peppermint yesterday. I didn't like it at first but after the soap set up it smells amazing! Next time I am going to add a little chocolate fo..

a new popular blend for me in wintertime (hence Christmas-y) is:

eucalyptus/lavender/peppermint/ in a 1:1:.5 ratio (my pep is super-strong). You can play with your own fav ratios.

I also did a fir+orange which is very nice, and well-liked.

My cinnamon blends seize up quickly, so I use full water (no discount) and make them HP style.

cinnamon+clove+ginger is very nice.

Back