Hubby's Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I make soap. We have an abundance of soap. This is the soap DH uses in the shower. Why, oh why???

IMG_20170324_170035.jpg

I keep plastic box, not covered with like 6 bars, so he just can reach and get new one. Honestly my man will finish the soap to the very small sliver ;)

It looks like he is in good company at least. I have a box full of soap in the closet directly across from the shower. He might have to step onto the bath mat to reach it. I'd replace it for him, but I would think he'd like to choose for himself.

One of my favorite things about making soap is not feeling bad about throwing out slivers. Which doesn't make sense really, because my soap cost me more to make than a bar of Ivory, but I have SO MUCH of my own, now. :mrgreen:

I had a Cinnamon Candies/Dragon's Blood/Lemongrass/Spearmint and Eucalyptus bar for about a month there. I start with the tester from the end of the loaf. Then once they are used down, I mash slivers together until I decide to start with a new bar.

I had a Cinnamon Candies/Dragon's Blood/Lemongrass/Spearmint and Eucalyptus bar for about a month there. I start with the tester from the end of the loaf. Then once they are used down, I mash slivers together until I decide to start with a new bar.

Mmm... Does it smells mystery and dark and exotic? Or sensual maybe? ;)

Mine uses it until gone then gets a new bar. Though I have a tendency to do the same but I have 2-3 or more bars going at a time.

My DH uses it until it's gone or sticks it onto a new bar. He wouldn't have the vaguest idea which soap to pick from my curing racks so I am the one that keeps the stocks up. I do leave a new cake in the bathroom drawer for emergencies.

I use shoe boxes to store fully cured soaps. The box on top is always ends and a variety of bars that aren't pretty enough or have no specific purpose. Everyone knows they are welcome to grab whatever they fancy from that box anytime. They still dont. "I don't know what ones are what" drives me crazy. Does it clean you? Yes. Do you like the smell? Yes. Then what's it matter? They all have a favorite and want that. Grrrr.

Latest posts

Back