hungry kids at school

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Costco has some good healthy options - Healthy Choice soups in individual microwave containers, fruit leather made with real fruit and no artificial colors or sweeteners, Annie's snacks, packages of nuts.

I got to meet with the principal Monday to see how big a problem hunger is at school. The majority of kids simply forget their lunches or have parents who don't pack enough food. The handful of families who struggle with affording lunches....well....let's just say we made an arrangement. We can use the church's kitchen facilities, or bring in food from home to share. My little one and I went shopping for a stash of microwaveable soups/chef boyardess type stuff, and fruit that is kept for those in need. We, and other families have sent in protein bars and other snacks for those who are temporarily hungry.

Oh, and next time we go, we'll get some good stuff from Costco to donate too.

So the problem is pretty well taken care of. And this is just one reason why we chose this school; it's a small and caring community, instead of a worksheet factory.

Last edited:
That great news! It's good to know people like yourself are out there advocating for those less fortunate :) I'll have to follow your example!
Cheers!
Anna Marie

Back