How many have you referred?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just did it again. Can not tell you how many over the years I have told people about SMF. I run into those wanting to know about soap making on many other sites I am on.

This was my first for the year. it will not be my last. :)

So how many have you sent this way?

I wish I could say a number other then ZERO, but unfortunately.... I just don't know any people who are interested in this (I really need to get out and make more interesting friends :-D). Anyway, I love this forum because I do get to talk to interesting people ;-)
Cheers!
Anna Marie

I'm with AnnaMarie...I wish I knew more people IRL who wanted to talk soap. Unfortunately, I think my friends and family get tired of me talking about a great new swirl I mastered, new FOs, and packaging dilemmas. This forum has been a great resource full of super helpful, like minded soapers. I wish there was a local group of soapers I could join (to get together and share techniques in person) but I don't know of anything like that in this area. I need a support group! :)

The only person I know who is interested in soap crafting is my DIL. I do not get out much. I work full time, feed our 22 head of horses and make soap.

I am with AnnaMarie and Hermanam! When I tell people about a soap I made and where I got my inspiration from (which is this forum most of the times) they are so tired of it!!!! I have a full time job, an almost 2 yr old and soap.

One of my cousins decided to argue about this forum with me when she visited me this weekend! She said, so don't you get tired talking about soap? I said it has everything to do with hobby.... The more you do it, the more you love, the more you want to share it, the more you become appreciative and the more you become self content! At the end of the day..... A self content happy person :). I added, soap is not ALL we talk about! I told her about the word association game, the DST agony, other crafts and DIY project and she was convinced that I had a point!

IMHO, it is better to talk to a person who shares the same interest than who has no interest at all, else it is no different than talking to a wall!!!! I don't do CP yet but I often check and comment on the beauty of CP soaps that I like and from what other people post..... I can tell how much hard work is put into a what others think is just a BAR OF SOAP!

I love how everybody here is so honest, sharing, supporting, caring and appreciative! Thank you beautiful people :). Cheers!!!!!

...what others think is just a BAR OF SOAP!

I think I run into this a lot. At least, I guess that's what it is. I'm still a newbie, and I'm still running lots of what I call "field trials" on recipes as I'd like to start selling one day and I've gotta put in the time and pay my dues on gaining experience and testing recipes before I'm ready for that. So my dining room table is covered in curing bars of various descriptions. I'm thrilled with it! But whenever I have friends over--and we're sitting at the kitchen island, 15 feet away in plain view of this magnificent display of saponification glory--nobody shows the slightest bit of curiosity, not even enough to walk over and take a look. So disappointing! I feel like the kid who showed up to school for show and tell with their most prized possession and never got called on! LOL

Maybe they're just afraid that if they show interest I'll start talking about it...:wink:

Latest posts

Back