Complete CP Starter Kit?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KattChaos

Reaction score
I was wondering if y'all had any CP Starter kits that you would recommend? I've found a few but I wanted to see if y'all know of any that are great & reasonably priced?

If not could anyone leave me a list of everything I need to get started?

Thanks, Katt :)

Hey Katt, I think this is the least expensive way to go... You will want to keep all of your soaping equipment separate from your everyday cookware. I wash all my stuff by hand and rarely use the dishwasher.

Take a trip to the dollar store and get some large plastic bowls, a couple of spatulas, measuring cups, wax paper, plastic table cloth, maybe something to store stuff in, etc.

Walmart will have a good stick blender and a decent digital gram scale. You could pickup some olive oil, coconut oil and maybe some lard while you're there. You will need a good set of goggles and latex gloves at a minimum.

Lye can be purchased online or if you have an Ace Hardware around you can get some in the plumbing section... look for 100% lye.

You can checkout some video's like [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR6ttCSrLJI&list=PLAADF6209996265D2"]Soap Queen TV[/ame] and [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiA1wtqYQ80&list=PLVLOOxDex6x0vbGhZ2XPVjkWRALT-YoAg"]Soaping 101[/ame] on YouTube to get you familiar with CP soap making.

Just Google 'soap queen favorite recipes' for some decent basic recipe ideas. :)

I would agree with the above post, as who wants to spend hundreds of dollars on a hobby they may not like. Buy a cheap scale, cheap stick blender and hit up the dollar store for mixing vessels. For molds you can use empty pringles cans or other re-purposed container.

Any container with a pp5 is safe. If you look you'll find a ton of random things that work. Tictac containers make the perfect travel bar but can be super hard to unmold.

Thank guys. I just need to go ahead and get a estimate on how much everything will be so my Husband will give me the money. Lol

Latest posts

Back