~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > Announcements and Site News > SoapMakingForum Announcements, Comments, Help & Rules > FO Review spreadsheet -- pls help -- NancyRogers Honor435 Kharmon320 KristaY Newbie

Old 07-06-2017, 02:48 PM   #1
DeeAnna
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 11222 Times on 5082 Posts
Likes Given: 5019

Default FO Review spreadsheet -- pls help -- NancyRogers Honor435 Kharmon320 KristaY Newbie

Would the following people please lend a hand to fix problems on the FO Review spreadsheet?

NancyRogers
Honor435
Kharmon320
KristaY

There are several FO reviews in the PEAK worksheet that have been altered. The FO names are missing for all and, in KristaY's review, there are several other cells that someone has also erased.

I've reproduced the reviews below so you can see what I'm talking about. (SMF doesn't format a table very well, so my apologies for the jumbled appearance.)

Would you take a moment to fix this? Either reply in this thread with the corrections and I'll fix the spreadsheet. Or you can fix the spreadsheet yourself -- please see: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1231634072

. ... CP ... Slight ... Slight ... ... Gels very hot and sweats lots of FO. I won't try to soap it again. Don't love the smell. It's just okay. ... NancyRogers ...

. ... cp ... Yes-dark brown ... no ... masculine? ... really powdery scent, turned soap a dark reddish brown (but it was milk soap) ... kharmon320 ...

. ... hp ... no ... ... unisex ... nice holiday smell, pine and spicy ... honor435 ...

. ... ... ... ... ... ... KristaY ... 1st batch used at 1 oz ppo, 2nd used at 0.5 oz ppo.

` ... cp ... no ... no ... ... Scent took a long time to come through. Now there, a touch sweet but pleasant ... newbie ...

Thank you!

Old 07-06-2017, 03:44 PM   #2
shunt2011
Administrator
SOAP_ADMIN.png

Liked 4581 Times on 3061 Posts
Likes Given: 3847

NancyRogers and honor435 havent visited the site since 2015. Hopefully they will respond to your callout for help.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:51 PM   #3
DeeAnna
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks for the update, Shari! I'll keep that in mind.
shunt2011 Likes This 
Old 07-08-2017, 03:38 AM   #4
KristaY
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1642 Times on 903 Posts
Likes Given: 2443

How odd! Thanks for the head's up DeeAnna. I'll head over there now and see if I can remember what I wrote for what scents....

ETA: DeeAnna, do you think it's safe to assume the scent names start with "A"? I always add my cells in alphabetical order but since there's no name I wonder if they just ended up at the top of the list.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:32 AM   #5
KristaY
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1642 Times on 903 Posts
Likes Given: 2443

Sorry DeeAnna, I failed in my task. I looked through all my Peak scents and the few that were possibles, I already had a proper review. So I decided to just delete that line since it's of no value whatsoever. If I ever come across the right FO and find my notes, I'll add it back in.

I think this situation would be a good learning tool. For those that want to add a review but are unsure how to work the spreadsheet, please ask. If you accidentally erase someone's work, you can "undo". Lots of members would be happy to enter the data for you if you're hesitant to do so. Those darn spreadsheet docs can be intimidating if you aren't used to working in them!

Old 07-08-2017, 06:03 AM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
SOAP_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 4915 Times on 2043 Posts
Likes Given: 381

Here's a screen shot of one of my saved copies of the FO's sheet.

Mine was for Apple Blossom and Krista's was for Asian Sandalwood.

THe review for Amish Harvest is in this one but gone now so that should be replaced.

Does it have everything you need, DeeAnna? It's easier to read if you hit the bar to show it in its original size.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2017-07-08 at 1.02.42 AM.jpg  

Last edited by newbie; 07-08-2017 at 06:25 AM.
KristaY Likes This 
Old 07-08-2017, 06:05 AM   #7

It may be time to implement some of the strategies discussed to protect the sheet.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:08 AM   #8

Here is Nancy's for Blackberry Sage.

Kharmon's review that turned brown came under Plumeria in my copy. I think it turned brown because of the milk.

Honor's piney and spicy one came under Winter Wonderland. I think those reviews were added as a second line for the FO that came before it. People were doing that for a while.

DeeAnna, let me know if you want me to send you any of the copies I have. The oldest one is from January 7, 2016.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2017-07-08 at 1.07.44 AM.jpg  

Last edited by newbie; 07-08-2017 at 06:26 AM.

Old 07-08-2017, 12:39 PM   #9
DeeAnna
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Hi, Newbie and Krista -- THANK YOU for responding and doing what you can to help. I really appreciate that.

I'll make the updates per your notes, Newbie -- superb work!

The admins asked me to moderate the spreadsheet, but that's turning out to be more of a challenge than I thought. To have full control, one needs to be the owner of the doc and I'm not it. The admins are trying to contact the original doc owner -- he hasn't been on SMF for over 5 years -- and hopefully he will respond.

If he doesn't, one possibility I may have to consider is to re-create the spreadsheet as a new doc and go from there. I hate to do that because all of people's links and bookmarks to the FO Review will then no longer work.

But at the moment, that idea is moot -- I cannot delete the old doc due to someone protecting a row of cells in the Mad Oils sheet, and I can't unprotect the cells without being the owner. Grrr. At least this prevents someone from deleting the entire spreadsheet, so maybe that's an unintended blessing.

Edit -- All problems are now fixed, so no further action is needed. Again, my thanks!

Krista -- I recreated your entry for Asian Sandalwood per Newbie's backup info.

Last edited by DeeAnna; 07-08-2017 at 12:56 PM.
KristaY Likes This 
Old 07-08-2017, 04:32 PM   #10

Did the owner respond? What are the plans for protecting the spreadsheet? Will you be locking down the existing info and then leaving open spots for people to contribute?

These and other burning questions.......