I finally have room for a veggie garden!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my gosh that looks so awesome! I bet you could set something like up indoors, with plant lights around it and keep stuff growing year round. I've got six blood orange trees in pots, 3 or 4 years old now, that have been growing under plant lights for right at a year, and the little trees are in love with their lights.

Oh my gosh that looks so awesome! I bet you could set something like up indoors, with plant lights around it and keep stuff growing year round. I've got six blood orange trees in pots, 3 or 4 years old now, that have been growing under plant lights for right at a year, and the little trees are in love with their lights.

You bet right! :) The company that makes the Tower Garden sells optional grow-light kits for those who want to use it for inside growing. My sister just set one up inside her house last week. She planted all kinds of greens and herbs in it.

Unfortunately, if using the grow lights on it, you can't plant anything in it that will eventually grow big enough to come into contact with the lights, such as tomatoes or other vining plants. Thankfully, though, we live in an area of the country where you can grow lots of things outside year-round. My tomatoes and cukes actually did quite well outside in the Tower all the way from September to June when I dismantled it before leaving on vacation.

I love blood oranges. How big are your trees? I bet your house smells absolutely wonderful when they are in bloom. We have 2 orange trees in our back yard that pretty much perfume the whole neighborhood when in bloom. I love it!

IrishLass :)

My orange trees aren't yet old enough to bloom or produce fruit. Blood oranges from seed take 8-10 years to mature enough, and mine are only 3 or 4 years old at this point. They're about 3 feet tall currently, and my plan is to keep them dwarfed in the containers they're in since planting them in the ground here isn't really a viable option. Much too hot and dry outside here during summer for them, plus we get freezing weather in winter which citrus do not like at all.

Latest posts

Back