I hate being sick... :(

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlybyStardancer

Reaction score
I love my immune system. Most years I pass through with only the occasional seasonal allergy problem, nary a cold in sight.

Unfortunately, sometimes it fails and I end up sick. :( It's just a little cold, but I still hate it. The only cold medicine that ever worked for me was reformulated years ago, and so now I can't even find relief in pill form. And so I must rely on steaming liquids and spicy food to give me any relief.

...It's a good thing I went and picked oranges last week. Fresh Vit C to boost my immune system in the fight!

Oh, I'm sorry you're sick! I caught a cold too, but my lungs are weak, and I ended up with bronchitis. I'm lucky that my coworkers are so understanding.

My mom's standard expression of sympathy was, "Poor baby!" I could call & ask her for a "poor baby", and she would say it without even asking what for. Do you need a "poor baby"?

When I left for work yesterday, I thought it was just allergies that would clear up... and luckily it was a slow day and I was out of there soon enough. Not scheduled to work for a few days, so I can recover without guilt.

lol Whenever I called my mom when sick (when she was still around), she would always ask me, "Well, what do you want me to do from here?" Not a whole lot of sympathy. Heh. Though she would give me some advice (take a hot shower, run the water in a sink hot enough to steam, and then lean over it with a towel covering you to trap the steam).

Homemade chicken soup is what you need. It is supposed to cure anything.:p Hope you are well soon.

Haha. I had chicken cup-o-noodle for lunch, which is kinda like chicken soup. XD And I've been bouncing between making a true soup and making dahl for dinner...

This year we have been using Melaluchia oil and rubbing a few drops on our feet then putting socks on. It really helps clear congestion out. Every time I feel a sore throat coming I use it again. We get it from Melaluchia.

Sorry you're under the weather- that stinks! I second LBrown's suggestion of essential oil usage. I haven't gotten sick once this season (highly unusual), and the one time I did I took some four thieves blend eo and it kicked the cold right out.
Hope you feel better!
Anna Marie

Okay, so I have a bit more energy and will to do things today...

But my body seems to be trying to decongest. Every ten minutes or so I have to race for a tissue so I can blow out more gunk. Ugh. So not getting to Costco today...

And I want to try to get tamales made. This will be interesting...

Latest posts

Back