Coffee Soap/ Instant Coffee Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vic1963

Reaction score
This is probably a crazy question.

But could I add a couple of tsp of instant coffee at the end of the soap and still have the same effect as making it with brewed coffee ?

I still want to use the raw coffee in the soap for exfoliating, but water instead of brewed coffee, and then instant before it goes in my mold.

I do HP crockpot.

Any opinions ? or has anyone did this ?

guess it was a crazy question :cry:

I might just have to give it a go and see how it does. :wink:

Hi Vic.

I think I may have tried this some years back, but I cannot remember the result. It could not have been what I wanted as I have not used it since. I do remember that using brewed coffee in the lye was something I will never try again. It resembled what I can only imagine Hyena urine would smell like. Not too bad in the soap, but the stench while it was hot made my stomach heave.

Thats what I have heard....that's why I didn't want to use brewed coffee. I have made it and used Coffee FO, but.....it didn't smell strong enough.

I've done it once Vic. I used instant Nescafe Short Black I think. The colour turned out great (beautiful chocolate) but no coffee smell that I can discern, however it still seems to get the onion & garlic smell off my hands in the kitchen. I did not use coffee grounds at all.

Hyena pee must be hideous stuff MagiaDellaLuna. :wink:

Latest posts

Back