Saving Your Name

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aharvick

Reaction score
I am new to soap making and I am taking the proper steps to do this the right way. I am researching and collecting supplies and reading and reading and doing more research. However, I have a business name that I love and I really want to reserve this so that it is still available to me come time that I am ready to use it. My husband and I have talked about this and he is onboard with being next to me when I am ready. Has anyone else ran into this issue? What should I do to hold onto the name?

I'd suggest if you have a name picked out, that you register it now then it won't be taken.

Honestly no I have not. I am thinking long term. I am anxious to do it and I can jump into it but I’m ocd and I want to make sure that I have the right products, supplies, and I’ve read enough so that I am prepared. I am very creative, love to get my hands dirty and am no stranger to owning a business. I have had a graphic design business before working with high profile clients. It kept me busy while my husband was deployed and I got to meet some great people. Over the last few years I have been making jewelry and selling it but did not want to make a business out of it. I do know soap makers and I’m eager to learn from them, I just want to have my ducks in a row and not walk into something blind. I would love to have my name though,so when I’m ready, I have that established. I already have my domain, I just did not know if it was registered by anyone else.

Don't forget to open a Facebook page using that name, and a YouTube channel as well. Also, any other social media sites you think your business might need. Facebook and YouTube are free, so no harm, no foul if you change your mind.

Latest posts

Back