Question about beeswax

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sauboon

Reaction score
Hi,
I bought some beeswax from an herb shop in Saudi Arabia.
The color was reddish. I could see some yellow but it looked like
it turned red, not like it was colored red. Anyone ever seen beeswax
turn red before or any other color than yellow? I'm a bit afraid to use it.

I get beeswax from a beekeeping association and it's a deep orange gold colour, it seems fine. Is your reddish an orange reddish, or a blood reddish? Try melting and strain it to see how it does, maybe something will separate out if it's somehow a blend. Good luck!

Fresh beeswax is nearly white to very pale yellow. It quickly becomes colored with the pollen and "propolis" of the plants the bees go to. Most beeswax here in the middle of the USA is yellow to deep gold, sometimes even brownish gold. Perhaps the bees in your region collect reddish pollen and propolis, rather than yellow and gold. That would make the beeswax reddish too.

The beeswax looks faded

I get beeswax from a beekeeping association and it's a deep orange gold colour, it seems fine. Is your reddish an orange reddish, or a blood reddish? Try melting and strain it to see how it does, maybe something will separate out if it's somehow a blend. Good luck!

It's reddish and orange in the middle. Almost looks like it has faded

Back