Candle vs. Reed vs. Burner vs. Tarts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paintguru

Reaction score
So my wife of course love the smells produced by scented candles, but I'm wondering from a home use point of view if making my own candles is the most cost effective, efficient way to distribute fragrance oils into the house. Obviously there are other methods (reed diffusers, oil burners, tarts), but each has its own pluses and minuses (can turn off candles/burners/tarts, but not diffusers, etc.). Just wondering what people use in their own houses, as I'm sure most of us enjoy the smell of the fragrance oils that we can obtain for soap making.

Here's a double duty trick. Take a cotton ball and dab some of your FO onto it. Get out your vacuum cleaner. Suck up cotton ball, vacuum your floors as usual. You will get a nice scent as you sweep your house! Only downside, it only really lasts for a few minutes...but makes sweeping fresher :)

I don't usually do anything but if I'm going to do something it's candles. Though like Vanessa I have small children and cats, so I don't burn them often. I'll have to look into one of those flameless tart melters..since I make melts in all my fave scents too. :)

Latest posts

Back