My First Shot at Candle Making

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CandleQueen

Reaction score
Hey there!
So for quite some time, I have been contemplating on starting to make my own candles... Finally i just got up and did it and I am so proud of myself! What i really need to know now is where are the best websites to go to for purchasing the essential oils or if fragrance oils are better for candle making... Any suggestions would really be appreciated!!!! BTW Iin Chicago IL :)

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0014.JPG

Last edited:
awwww !! Thank you! Means alot, im new here... and i just took a chance and im so happy! Thanks again!:)

It would help if you let members know where you live, this site has members from all over the world. Then they could give you the shopping advice needed.

Your candles are very pretty. I like Wholesale Supplies Plus for scent, but I am in the US.

Your candles are very pretty. I like Wholesale Supplies Plus for scent, but I am in the US.
Great I’m In Chicago IL! Thank u ! Appreciate the advice and Support! I’m new here. :)

It would help if you let members know where you live, this site has members from all over the world. Then they could give you the shopping advice needed.
Thanks for that :) I’m I Chicago IL

Hi CandleQueen. Are you using soy or paraffin? I know there are some people who can get EO's to work in their candles, and I've had suggestions on how to do it, but it's labor intensive to get them to work, and then I find the EO scent in wax is not very strong to begin with, and after awhile fades to nothing.
Also, I find I can get almost every scent I work with to throw in my paraffin, but soy can be so picky, and I only got a handful of scents to throw without increasing the % significantly, so I only work with paraffin or palm wax blends now. If I can't get a scent to throw at 6% it is not worth my having, so I don't try to fight it or up the % I just set it aside and move on. There are too many quality scents out there that will work with my applications with my desired scent load to try and fight with ones that don't.

Some of my favorite places for candles scents are as follows -

Natures Garden Candles
Lonestar Candle Supply
Candle Science
Candles and Supplies
Aztec

And then there are others, that are more geared toward soap supplies, but their scents will work just as well in candles, as actual candle supply companies scents do (and vice/verse if the scent is skin safe at a high enough IFRA %)

HTH - Candlemaking is so much fun and my first love above soap making!

Back