Add-In's N' MP?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KattChaos

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I'm about to make my First batch of MP Face Soap. I'm Excited but also Struggling.

This is My Recipe Idea:

*1/4th of a 1lb Block of Goat Milk Soap
*Colorant- Winging it :)
*Non-Scented/ Maybe a Drop or two of My Baby Powder FO just to give it a light scent
*Kaolin Clay
*Walnut Shell Powder
*Rectangular Silicone Mold with 6 Round Flowers

My question is how much of the Walnut Powder & Kaolin Clay should I use for this amount of MP Base? Also is 1/4th of the 1lb Block a good amount to do a test run with?

All help will help greatly appreciated, Thank You Bunches! :)

Katt<3

1/4 of a 1lb block is 4 oz, is a single bar enough for you to determine a successful batch? At least in that regard I’d use the same criteria as cp for deciding how much soap you need. In terms of burning the base, I’ve been able to melt as little as 1oz in the microwave while keeping an eye on it.

I’d probably use no more than 1/8 tsp of the walnut powder with the though of less is more. I’ve neverr. I’ve never used clay in m&p, I don’t know a good useage rate for it

I think 4oz should produce atleast 3 of the flowers. It's just for my use so I think 3 should be enough for me to determine if I need to tweak something. My skin is Uber oily & acne prone. I read that Kaolin Clay is good for that. I'll do some more reading and see if I can find a start for testing out the usage rate for it.

Thank you so much!!

Back