Anise oil name ideas?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodym

Reaction score
I made an anise oil cp soap and trying to come up with a good name that would attract both men and woman, any ideas? Its a blue/grey color. Thank you!!

Raki, Ouzo, or Sambuca?
beerchug.gif

Maybe a photo would help. I'm not coming up with anything except 'candy' and I don't think that would fit well with your goal.

I know my niece would love it, but her husband would hate it. She used anise in soap she made and he doesn't even what her to use it before bed because he hates it so much.

It's supposed to be a good scent for fishermen. I never tried it back when I was a fisherwoman.

Oh, seeing BG's post, did give me an idea.

Absinthe

I origionally made the anise oil soap from a fisherman soap recipe but dont think the name would sell it so would like something different.. will try post a picture in a bit.. thank you with your input so far!

I always label mine as Anise, just to see how many are surprised and say it smells like licorice. Many do not realize licorice, anise and fennel smell very similiar, while I love anise soap, it is a very poor seller for me.

Love twilight! And all of your suggestions!! Thank you! I need then done by tomorrow so went with "Star Anise" will see how they go and will keep all your suggestions in case deside to chsnge! Thank you all! Love being able to post and hear from fellow soapers!

Anise and Star Anise are two different plants, which produce different EOs. Maybe Starry Anise?

I label mine Outdoor Man blended with other oils.
Then for Christmas I do a Lavender/Anise/Sweet Orange and Cinnamon with red swirls and a Christmas Label. I love Anise but it isn't a big seller for some reason.

Lavender/Anise was a big seller for me the one time I offered it. It was a vendor day at a local office building. A gal bought a couple of bars on her lunch hour and came back at 4:00 PM when we were closing down and bought the last 5 bars! I agree... not for everyone, but that gal sure loved it.

My Star Anise had its debut on Saturday and sold real well! I think you either like it or you dont! Its nice to have another essential oil to offer! Thank you so much for all your inputs!

I too call mine fishermans soap. Not a big seller at all. I love the smell myself. I have one customer who purchases 4 bars at a time but uses it due to really bad body odor issues. Swears it's the only thing that keeps it at bay.

I made it for Christmas with a red swirl. I combined it with lavender and called it Christmas Lavender. It wouldn't sell and wouldn't sell and just when I was going to pull it from my little booth one person came in and loved it so much she bought them all. I like it but my husband does not. If I make it again, I will put very little anise in. It can be over powerful. I have a whole bottle left so must come up with some ideas. I did make a fisherman type soap with a little of it and called it "Outdoor Man" it sold but only as someone wanting it for a husband or boyfriend. Need a name for both sexes.

I think I like the name Star Anise.

Latest posts

Back