Perfect coffee fragrance and bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epicsoap

Reaction score
hey guys,
So I am talking with a local cafe about creating a soap that represents their brand so I created this last week as my first prototype.
I don't currently have any coffee fragrances , the one pictured just used an oatmeal fragrance so this is what I wanted to ask about. How do I best represent a high quality through fragrances? I want it to be rich but not overly sweet or over the top gimmicky.
Also any tips on improving the bar, this one pictured has used grounds from the cafe. I am happy with it as I can push the charcoal and the coffee exfoliant in my marketing.

Coffee.jpg

Loaf Coffee.jpg

If you want a coffee fragrance, I'd recommend Bramble Berry's Espresso. It does discolor to a dark brown, so you would probably only want to use it for part of the batter. It's strong, so that wouldn't be a problem.

Does the cafe have a signature blend? If not, maybe just do a coffee and cream soap with some of the batter left unscented and a creamy white color. Your swirls are pretty - good luck to you!

You probably need to order different coffee FOs and make testers soaps for the company to smell, see which they like better.

I agree. I've only used SOS coffee scents and the best one that stuck for a while may not sit will with coffee aficionados (It's Arabic Coffee and the scent is very strong and sweet OOB but mellows out during cure).

I know BB's espresso cures out with a lot of chocolate notes. It's pleasant, but not what I wanted for my biggest coffee fan. Could be stronger, but not bad.
WSP's coffee beans has quickly faded into almost nothing.

I made some "latte" soap w/BBs Espresso FO and really like it. I think it has more of a hazelnut coffee scent. I colored and scented the bottom half, but not the white top. The bottoms are starting to turn a darker brown, but that's fine...it's coffee!

Looks the goods!

Latest posts

Back