Two new loaves

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeysuds

Reaction score
Two new loaves-better close up added!

My two newest soapy creations, enjoy!

Frosted forest- peppermint, cedar, and juniper berry essential oils, activated charcoal, French green clay and kelp powder for colors.

Eucalyptus Spearmint- essential oils, pencil line is peppermint leaves I ground as finely as possible in coffee grinder. This is my 1st time attempting a pencil line and I swore I messed it up...when I unmolded it, it looked more like a big fat marker line :cry: Then I cut it and shouted "YES!" to which my hubby shot me a look like this --> :confused: I was SO happy, it came out pretty good for 1st attempt!

Also sorry about the "dark" pictures! Normally I take them in natural afternoon sunlight but I was so eager to cut & see my pencil line I did it as soon as I came home from walking my kids to the bus stop that morning!

PB090018.jpg

PB150018.jpg

PB180012.jpg

Last edited:
beautiful looking soaps, both of them :)

looking back at my 1st attempt at pencil lining, BIG FAIL, lol!
patient is not my strong virtue, i ended up doing it too thick with the coffee, the layers practically split, muahahaha..

i have yet to try my 2nd attempt at pencil lining...

soon... very soon...

EKG line :lol: I like that! Well for that one I poured my layers, then took a wooden chopstick that I use for swirly tops, and just stick it in and out of the soap at random spots. So some places have more spikes than others which is what makes it one of a kind!

I was VERY worried my layers would split too with the pencil like, the peppermint leaves ended up so fine that when I put them in the sieve to start the line, they kind of just dumped through the holes. Instant panic attack, but I finished it and luckily it came out well.

Thanks everyone! I'm still working on my picture taking, always something to learn it seems.

Latest posts

Back