Photo/Light Box...Testing out bulbs and light sources. PICS!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
beadella said:
Hi Lane,

Just stopped by and took a look at the GRAND re-opening!! Pics look great, you may still be having a little pinky overtones, maybe filter out the red a little more, although my monitor is JURASIC, and may just be making it look that way....................glad you didn't take my advice on the lighting issue. I went to art school in the mid 80's, and I guess I forgot more than I thought!! :oops: :lol: Please forgive me if I sounded like a "know-it-all", I guess, at least with lighting I am rather a "not-know-it-all"....... :roll: :)

Speaking of pics, I JUST yesturday figured out how to use my little digicam and took some WONDERIFIC, (if I do say so myself) jewelry pics with it in my new light tent (wish I could say I built it, but it came in a cardboard box in the post :oops: )

I would love to show some of my best shots off, so if you could just tell me how to upload pics, I would be EVERSO greatful!!!! Lovehound made a valient attempt at giving me a little tutorial, but he might as well have written it in Hungarian!!!!!!!! :?

If you don't have time, I totally understand........... I just wanted to do a little bragging, so it isn't really necessary.... :)

Keep up the good work with the new cam!!!!!!!!

tootles,

Della :D
Last week my husband got an AWESOME huge, LCD monitor, and I haven't set any of the settings yet and everything looks SO bright on this end! I use to have a old old old monitor, probably Jurassic too! I miss it. :(

Ha! You didn't sound like a know-it-all! :) This is an information network, we gotta share info!

It is SO easy to get pictures on here...
1. Go to photobucket.com.
2. Open an account. It's free.
3. Upload your pictures.
4. Simple copy the FOURTH line of code under the picture you uploaded. It will begin with [IMG
5.Paste that code right here, and post your reply. :D

Hope that helps some....

pink-north said:
1.. Lane you are REALLY good at this! I've learned a lot.

2. I didn't think you could use regular bulbs the way you did, but I think I'm going to try it myself.

Do you mind my asking, what did you build your light box out of? I tried one with cardboard and tissue paper, but it didn't work out. Too small for the camera I have. I will keep trying though. I'll post pics when I'm done. I would love your input on it.
Thank you!! I have had a temper tantrum once and had to put together a new box... :oops:

This is the tutorial I used to build the box
http://jyoseph.com/blog/detail.cfm/post/18

I may need to make a bigger one though. I have two lamps set up and they really get in the way of my camera....

ok, here goes................. second try............ :oops:

romancameo.jpg
[/img]

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: 8) :lol:

zajanatural said:
Then I usually remove my background with my paint shop pro, the background eraser is my best friend.

i cannot make that work to save my life. i wish there was an easier way, but i just can't use that tool. :roll:

i have two pics that i need to remove the background, but i gave up months ago. :lol: :? :(

Latest posts

Back