ED Red mold in it's new custom made box!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcsharpe

Reaction score
I read a post here where someone said they ordered a box from this place called Designcraft Industries to hold their ED mold. (I can't find that post now or I would just have replied to that one, sorry.) I clicked the link and checked it out and it turns out, the place is about an hour from where I live so I said to myself, "Self, you should support local businesses. It is the right thing to do". Well, Self agreed and I ordered one. I gave the measurements as listed on the ED site and asked for about an 1/8" clearance and went with the height that the other poster listed. It fits like a glove and I can't wait to make my first batch in it!

Total cost with shipping was $26.90 (I knew they were in middle TN but I didn't realize they were that close till it got here and had their business card in it with their address, lol! Of course, it would cost me more than the $5.95 shipping to drive an hour to pick it up, right? And then I would have to get something to eat and maybe shop some more.....Hmmm, maybe I need another?:wink:

Stumbled back upon the original post that prompted me to purchase this, YAY!

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/f30/wooden-molds-essential-depot-red-silicone-molds-35527/#post339191

2013-07-16 10.29.28.jpg

2013-07-16 10.29.43.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm, I think you need to tell yourSELF that you need another LOL I need to have conversations with myself that talk me into buying stuff :-D

That's a good price! It looks like a great fit and I like how the top fits to give you room. I'm glad you supported a local business too.

Where did you get the ED mold? I can't find it anywhere. I must not know what I am looking for. Right now I am just using an old sewing machine drawer and wraping cardboard inserts with parchment papper. Your mold looks great!

Nice! I need a recommendation.. just got my ED mold yesterday (they forgot to send my 2nd one :( ) and I need a box for it.
Link please :)

and can I just add that ED cocoa butter freebie is amazeballs!! OMG.. I'm in love and already have a 25% recipe done up last night for it.. no scent.. just that yummy cocoa butter!

That is some excellent craftsmanship :thumbup:

Of course it would be a lot more convenient and quicker to do multiple batches and measure out all of your lye solution and oils up front; so yes, you'll need at least one more! :angel:

Hi guys! Yes that link above is the correct one for the box. The gentleman I emailed with was named Mike Socall and he was very nice and quick to respond.

http://www.essentialdepot.com/servlet/the-Silicone-Soap-Molds-and-Kits/Categories

Here is the link for the insert/mold that I ordered. I am giddy with it. I plan on trying out some soap tonight and I will try the CPOP. Does anyone know if it would be OK to put the lid on while it is in the oven? I have only done 1 batch of CPOP and it got very ashy on top and I keep seeing where the best way to prevent that is to have it covered or spray it with 90% alcohol which I don't have. (Does vodka count? I have a little of that.)

Vodka does work.. Everclear is good.
I wish I had this.. Put mine in the box in came in like people mention but it bowed horribly. Had to shove
Papertowels down the side. Lol

Latest posts

Back