ISO custom mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houseofwool

Reaction score
Has anyone used this etsy vendor?

http://www.etsy.com/shop/hanwang?ref=search_shop_redirect

My mom has a quilting business and likes to give her customers gifts. Luckily, she thinks giving away soap and lotion bars to help me get my business started is great. But, she would like to give them ones that are shaped like a quilt square. I haven't seen any .5-1 oz cavity sized molds that look like quilt squares so I am thinking about using an etsy vendor to have one custom made.

I have purchased silicone molds from a foreign seller on etsy, but I don't know if it is the one you listed. The molds were fine and shipping time was reasonable.

Is this mold for cp or m & p? Have you tried it yet? Let us know how it works out.

It is a chocolate mold, but says it is good for soap as well. I can't imagine that such a small amount of soap would get too hot for it. The bigger issue will be unmolding it.

In the description at the bottom it says "•Do not use for hard candy or other hot ingredients."

I can tell you from experience I tried using a clear candy mold like one of these for soap and it melted on me - warped, looked crazy and leaked soap all over my counters and floors. :oops: Either way, be careful! You could fill the plastic mold with dental plaster, then use that positive to make a mold in silicone if you want that look?

Thanks for the head's up. I will probably give it a try and see what happens. I tend to soap fairly cool and there just isn't enough volume for them to heat up and gel.

Back