Coffee Fragrance Oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebobinar

Reaction score
Does anyone have a favorite coffee scent? I ordered Black Coffee from NDA and it smells nothing like coffee to me. I was originally just going to add coffee to my scrubs, but now that I'm doing some whipped scrubs and MP soaps, I'd rather have an FO I can count on to always smell the same and not discolor the scrub. I'm afraid to keep trying, though! This one had great reviews... I don't even understand how it could possibly be thought to smell like coffee, and I've tried it in both scrubs and soaps to see if it would help - but nope. ;)

Candle Science's Fresh Coffee is quite good.

I recently got a sample of Southern Soapers' Cuban Coffee and that one may be even better OOB. I haven't soaped it yet though. The Candle Science one does not morph.

I make candles...and lotion bars...no soap..so take these suggestions from there. :mrgreen:

I have a hard time with coffee notes when burning candles, but can smell them cold..but these two I get some of the coffee out of them even when burning.

Two that I like and can get a bit out of them...
Cafe Vienna and Coffee Bean from ICS both are skin safe..

Cafe Vienna is a favorite as is....I use the coffee bean to blend.

Now my most favorite "coffee" scent is Candle Cocoons Pumpkin Coffee, but I don't get any coffee notes out of it.. I LOVE it for how it reveals itself to me though.

I have two coffee scents from Candle Science - Hazelnut Coffee (nutty coffee smell with some sweetness) and Fresh Coffee (smells exactly like strong black coffee). I haven't soaped them yet, but did read good reviews on Scent Review Board for these two. Personally OOB, I prefer the Hazelnut Coffee.

In doing searches and visiting soapmaking sites I seem to recall WSP Fresh Brewed Coffee as being one that got rave reviews. I've never ordered from them. Some things seem very reasonable but not the fragrances. :eek:

I recieved a small sample of Colombian coffee from Oregon Trail and it smelt amazing. I didn't use it in body or bath products but wiped it around the inside of our refuse bin and enjoyed taking the rubbish to the bin for a change :D

Latest posts

Back