Best molds for professional use

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dagmar88

Reaction score
So... I'll need several log, slab and upright molds.
I do not want to spend any extra time lining them and of course they need to be sturdy, durable and non warping.
Price doesn't matter as I'm sure it will pay off in the end :p

I'd really like to hear from your experiences...

I don't have a Woodfields (cause they didn't sell them in 3.5") but I do love my Uplands. I even like my little green silicone molds.

Honestly, as long as it's silicone you'll be good.

I am in Australia and dont mind the hefty postage on purchasing the Woodfields molds as they are fantastic. I bought a triple mold at the begining of last year and have thrashed it over 12months showing no mercy and it has stood up well and going strong :0)

And Larry is such a good guy he offered to let me call him something else, since Larry is also my ex's name. :)

Lyn, do you mind me asking how much you paid in shipping for your moulds?
And just as an aside, WHY do we call it shipping? I mean, nothing actually gets sent from other countries by ship anymore, does it? :roll:

I'm in love with my woodfields also.
I've got 2 tall and thin type and eyeing off a slab.

Chrissy - I ordered just the 2 silicone liners ( I use my own wood surround) the postage was $46.90us. I don't regret it the moulds are bloody fantastic every single time.
Sorry - didn't mean to cut in on your answer Lyn, just thought for comparison without the wood surround as i know you have them.

Soaphutch

I had a custom Soaphutch mold made in December, and it is WONDERFUL! It can be configured into three 15-inch logs or a divider slab with 18 bars. It is made of HDPE, and it has released perfectly right from the very first batch. It's heavy, though, and postage would be brutal.

ChrissyB said:
Lyn, do you mind me asking how much you paid in shipping for your moulds?
And just as an aside, WHY do we call it shipping? I mean, nothing actually gets sent from other countries by ship anymore, does it? :roll:

Living near three ports, I can definitely tell you that MOST of what is bought/sold among various countries is shipped via "a ship." Big business in my area. A new port just a few miles from me is what kept our area from suffering as badly during the recession. It produced close to 40,000 jobs.

I just purchased a single log and that had73.00 shipping on it cannot remeber what the tripple log cost but think it had about 130.00 shipping on it but still think it was worth it and now I can just order extra liners :0)

Lyn said:
I just purchased a single log and that had73.00 shipping on it cannot remeber what the tripple log cost but think it had about 130.00 shipping on it but still think it was worth it and now I can just order extra liners :0)

OMG, Lyn. Was that air freight shipping? If not, maybe something can be done about it. Maybe someone could be the "forwarding agent" if it could save you some money. That sounds dreadful.

LOL Jackik that was air freight and with USPS who are a site cheaper than UPS or Fedex :0) Wont be so bad now as all I will have to do is order the linings :0) Unless of course I start getting so busy I have to order more :0)

It must have weighed a lot to cost that much in postage. Probably the wood that did it and being sent air mail.

Nat, I was thinking of just ordering liners and we have a friends daughter in Texas who I thought I might ask if I send it there if she could post it on. Not sure if that would be double handling on the postage.

Relle9 said:
Nat, I was thinking of just ordering liners and we have a friends daughter in Texas who I thought I might ask if I send it there if she could post it on. Not sure if that would be double handling on the postage.

That's what I was thinking. It might be worth checking in to. Good luck!

I have a lifeworks mold which works pretty good. I still have to line the bottom, so it might not work for you. Never had any problems getting the soap out. Good Luck

CandleLaneCo said:
I have a lifeworks mold which works pretty good. I still have to line the bottom, so it might not work for you. Never had any problems getting the soap out. Good Luck

Off topic, but I'm so glad you mentioned this vendor. My Dad is bringing me my homemade "tank" in a couple of weeks, and I needed to find a place that sells the wire. Dad just put something in that he had in the shop.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back