Blue Lotus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kebodle1

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’ve tried to go through as many stickies as I can, as well as posts, so I apologize in advance if I missed one covering this.

I’m curious if any of you have used Blue Lotus essential oils? I’ve been told two things about them. One, that absolutes are EO’s mixed with a carrier oil, so EO is basically a more potent form of the oil, which is what I’d prefer. Two, Blue Lotus only comes in absolutes and not EO’s. A seller told me, “There is no such thing as distilled Blue Lotus. It’s not possible.” Do you know that to be correct?

As for my other questions, there are a lot so please don’t hate me!

1) Have you used it? If so, how have you found it to work in CP soaps, lotion bars, etc?

2) Can you try and describe the smell for me?

3) I hear you don’t have to use too much of the oil in recipes. Is that accurate?

4) Have you found any legit suppliers of it that have reasonable prices? I understand it is one of the highly desired oils, and that pricing will be high for various reasons, but that doesn’t stop me from wanting to find the cheapest price there is!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Absolutes are NOT EOs mixed with a carrier oil, absolutes are solvent extracted where EOs are usually steam distilled. Absolutes generally have a more rounded, complete scent, where EOs are generally single notes, or at least less complex. Solvent extraction yields more per kilo of blooms than steam distillation does, so absolutes are usually a little less expensive. Solvent extraction is able to dissolve and extract more of the compounds that are responsible for the scent than steam distillation is.

I've used Pink Lotus absolute from Eden, it's a very delicate scent. Lightly sweet, and an exotic sort of floral. It mixes really well with other EOs and absolutes, only takes a few drops, but it doesn't really work well alone. Kind of gets lost when it's on its own. Weird, right?

I've used Pink Lotus absolute from Eden, it's a very delicate scent. Lightly sweet, and an exotic sort of floral. It mixes really well with other EOs and absolutes, only takes a few drops, but it doesn't really work well alone. Kind of gets lost when it's on its own. Weird, right?

If you ever have the time, I'd love to hear more about all the exotic scents you've sampled.

I'll add pink lotus to my daydream list :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back