CP durable Monoi Tiare-type FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elurah

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I would love to gather opinions on the various Monoi Tiare/Tahitian Gardenia FOs that are available and how they perform and stick in CP.

My mom loves the flower infused coconut oil, so much so that she never uses it, just sniffs the bottle. It would be nice to make her a Tiare smelling soap for Valentine's Day/Mother's Day.

I've been searching through this forum and the Dish and it looks like one that was well liked was TSW Tahitian Tiare :cry:. IrishLass, I found a few posts in which you mentioned this was one of your favorites! Have you been able to find a passable replacement?

The only one I have actually smelled OOB is FNWL's Tahitian Gardenia, which I like but is a bit powdery for my taste. It's also on sale right now :thumbup:. I have never soaped with it though, so I would love to hear your thoughts.

Soap Supplies Pikaki:
FNWL Tahitian Gardenia:
CC Monoi de Tahiti:
SOS Monoi de Tahiti:
any others?

Thanks for your time!

elurah said:
IrishLass, I found a few posts in which you mentioned this was one of your favorites! Have you been able to find a passable replacement?

Unfortunately, no, but I haven't in any way searched far and wide enough to called the search off yet. The only one I've sampled so far is Oregon Trail's Kauai Ginger and it smelled nothing like it.

I should probably mention at this point that I've never smelled the real/actual Monoi Tiare, but I've read posts by folks that were quite familiar with the real deal and some said that TSW's Tahitian Tiare Flower was spot on, while others said it was either very close or close enough for them, so I'm basically on the search for an FO that smells like TSW's Tahitian Tiare Flower (which I'm very familiar with) instead of real Monoi (which I have not ever experienced).

I recently noticed that WSP sells a FO called Monoi de Tahiti. Some of the reviews of it on their site are very polarized, though. A handful of folks are very adamant that it's spot-on to the real deal, while others sharply disagree. Noses being what they are, though, I think it would definitely be worth a sampling.

IrishLass :)

Unfortunately, no, but I haven't in any way searched far and wide enough to called the search off yet. The only one I've sampled so far is Oregon Trail's Kauai Ginger and it smelled nothing like it.

I should probably mention at this point that I've never smelled the real/actual Monoi Tiare, but I've read posts by folks that were quite familiar with the real deal and some said that TSW's Tahitian Tiare Flower was spot on, while others said it was either very close or close enough for them, so I'm basically on the search for an FO that smells like TSW's Tahitian Tiare Flower (which I'm very familiar with) instead of real Monoi (which I have not ever experienced).

I recently noticed that WSP sells a FO called Monoi de Tahiti. Some of the reviews of it on their site are very polarized, though. A handful of folks are very adamant that it's spot-on to the real deal, while others sharply disagree. Noses being what they are, though, I think it would definitely be worth a sampling.

IrishLass :)

Thanks for your response, IrishLass! I think it may be fun to buy samples of all the ones I mentioned in the spring and compare it to the real stuff and also see how they do in CP. Unfortunately I never smelled TSW's version so I won't have that comparison point, but there are still a lot of others out there to try!

Thanks!

Back