What sets you apart??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenmarie82

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a specific something that sets my soap apart from the millions of others...how did you all do that? I won't ask for specifics here because i know it's your business, but I'm having a hard time coming up with something that will set me apart from everyone else.

Think of why you are making your soap, are you a clean-freak, does the organic nature of the process grab you, do you visualise who will end up with your soap?

Once you develop your awareness of why you chose to do what you do, a theme will suggest itself. It may be hazy/fuzzy for a while yet the more you think on it, the more it will take shape. e.g. does a particular style or colour come to mind in your soaping? are you wanting to share skin pampering or health benefits perhaps? are you an earthy type person or a glitzy sparkly girlie?

Just trying to help you develop thought patterns which will lead you to your unique selling proposition :)

Thanks topcat. I've been trying to think about those things and I get caught because i have so many different interests. I really wanted to have a "country" type theme with my soap but at the same time I want the glamour and glitz and i don't know how to mesh all of that together.

What about a rhinestone cowgirl type image? Country but think hot pink & zebra stripes & bedazzle everything!

I think i've decided on something,,,now i just need to get crackin'! I want to do a "chic" type theme with my soap. What do you all think?

I love Tabitha's rhinestone cowgirl idea and that would dovetail nicely with your 'chic' theme....you could do cowgirl chic, hippy chic, ultra chic, sparkly chic......this can take into account ALL your interests and still give you a theme to follow?! :D

Topcat

Latest posts

Back