Shaving Soap Sets

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
Two weeks ago, a repeat customer wanted me to refill his two wooden Crabtree & Evelyn Shaving Soap bowls with a recipe I had put together. I found one online wholesale seller of boar, badger shaving brushes and bowls, but here is my question;

Where do you guys recommend is a good place to purchase decent quality brushes and preferably wood soap dishes? Thanks gang! :wink: 8)

Years and years ago (at least ten) I bought some at From Nature With Love. I just looked to see if they had them. They don't have bowls, but the brushes still look the same. It looks like they are doing away with a lot of their line tho, and the brushes are on clearance right now heres one link, but they have five to choose from

http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/produ ... archflag=1

I have 6 of the pendergrass sets (wooden bowl with lid and brush) out in the garage that you are welcome to. I bought them as a part of a co-op but didn't end up using them. PM me if you want these 6.

forum friends share. information. opinions. feelings. stuff.

it's what we do.

carebear said:

it's what we do.

Well stated carebear! 8) Thanks again. :) I want to try a few sets and use the recipe I put together for my customer. I used Kaolin clay in it. I like the feel of Kaolin. I even made a Oatmeal, Milk & Honey, a 42 ounce batch, and added a tablespoon to it. :)

Paul :wink:

whatever Paul doesn't need I'll pass on to the next. I've only been working on cleaning out that garage since I moved in. 2 years ago.

carebear said:

it's what we do.
1236057qd9orpxyzi.gif
Stuff................I need stuff. I will be right over to shop.....I mean help you clear out your garage.
smiley1277.gif

Digit

I too would love a set if there is one leftover, pretty please!! My dad would be in hog heaven over a shaving set!
(now to learn how to make shaving soap.. hmm..)

I bought mine at fromnaturewithlove.com

Had a conversation with a customer about those cheapy brushes. I use one when I shave my legs, & I find it to be quite adequate. My customer bought one of my cheapy brushes & informed me that he'd been wet shaving since forever, had bought the expensive brushes, but went back to the cheapies. He said they last just as long & do just as good a job.

Back