Part Melted Embeds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Lo all

So, I have lots of little triangles of soap left over from my very first batch - it was a slanted-sided loaf mould, so the bars were not squared off, I cut them square and ended up with these bits.

I could use them as embeds, I know, but I am thinking of putting them in to the slow cooker with the oils (reduced amounts to take in to account the extra mass, and lower lye, too!) and wondered what your thoughts are.

So they might well melt a wee bit and then when the soap is cooking they'll also be in there. Anyone else tried this and know that it sucks, or that it works really well, or shall I just do it and let you all know how it goes? :razz:

I have inserted CP embeds into a hot processed/rebatched soap made of shreds, but I inserted them in the soap when I was pouring. Poured (scooped) the HP soap, placed the embeds and sunk them in by hand, kept spooning the HP soap. So I did not do what you are thinking exactly, just letting you know this other method is a nice alternative. I wish I still had pictures, this was a long time ago and the soap is long gone. It came out really pretty.

My version different.
Weight your soap and add 25%-50% of glycerin (depend on original hardness). Cook in crock until soap melts and combine together. Remove from heat, add smelly part, put in molds.

Thanks all! I was hoping that they would melt more than they did - I was looking at some pretty solid soap in runny oils and thinking what a pain it will be with the stick blender! Still, with some careful blending, I have it moulded up and it's sat there begging for me to cut it - but I shall resist.

Obi, yes, it would have been! I realise now that soap that was made last year takes a wee while to melt down - until then they just get sucked in to the vents in the stick blender :)

I cut it last night, got some DDM (Dreaded Drag Marks) but then it was better than leaving it over night and having a nightmare this morning. Looking at them, they are actually more RDM (Rustic Drag Marks) than DDM as there is no colour in there.

Obi, yes, it would have been! I realise now that soap that was made last year takes a wee while to melt down - until then they just get sucked in to the vents in the stick blender :)

I cut it last night, got some DDM (Dreaded Drag Marks) but then it was better than leaving it over night and having a nightmare this morning. Looking at them, they are actually more RDM (Rustic Drag Marks) than DDM as there is no colour in there.

PICS, PICS, PICS!!!!!!!!!!!! .. *she shouted while shaking torch and pitchfork in the air*

cue toe ... *tap, tap, tap*

Okay, pictures coming tonight, I promise

You are treading on thin ice with your fellow forum buds. You have the nerve to say "I cut it last night..." and then go on and on about how you looked at it last night, examined marks, and then promise pictures tomorrow night?! Oh, the patience, kindness and character of those who have endured these empty hours of NO PROMISED PICS is amazing. How much more can they endure? How much more should they endure? Malicious toe tapping and the presence of pitchforks and torches has been made most clear. And yet, nothing. :Kitten Love:

Last edited:
1120300.jpg

just saw this thread....and I'm disappointed that there are STILL no pics!

finally! :p

i can see no embeds from the pic, but what are those black dots? poppy seeds or something?

as for selling, can't you just mention that this soap weighs a minimum of 4 oz or something? i think most buyers understand, that when they buy handmade soaps most are cut by hand, some have peak tops (which is one of the beauty of handmade soaps), and weight variations are going to happen like it or not.
and i think it's pretty minimal, like 2-4 grams (just weigh mine).

Latest posts

Back