Lavender Lemongrass-? about my lavender coloring

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pamela

Reaction score
My first attempt with trying to get a lavender color...as you can see I still needed to mix...I stick blended what seemed like forever....guess it was not enough :( but I did get a nice lavender...hope the pic shows the color...it's hard if you don't have the right lighting.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Do you think the swirls were not from being mixed enough...the ends of the soap don't have any swirls

Great color and it looks like you did thise swirles on purpose

That looks wonderful! I sometimes get swirls like this too, I'm not sure what causes it. Some type of crystallization within the soap I think. Love your soap!

Wow! I made a soap last week that looks eerily similar, except my tops are blue! And my dividing line isn't anywhere near as pretty. Nicely done!

beautiful...love the line...what colorant did you use for the purple?

Love the effect! Looks like you got some stearic streaking which seems like a happy accident to me. Now try to reproduce it. :wink:

How did you create the uneven line

The soap turned out beautiful in every way. I have been trying to achieve the layering where it has the appearance of an ocean wave (not level and flat) but I am not sure how to do this....How were you able to get it in a ripple affect?

Re: How did you create the uneven line

truzella said:
I have been trying to achieve the layering where it has the appearance of an ocean wave (not level and flat) but I am not sure how to do this....How were you able to get it in a ripple affect?

I put my soap in the mold at a little thicker trace and mounded it a bit...didn't bang it on the counter much since I didn't want it to flatten out...then did my line and added the top layer :)

Back