cheesecake

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timley

Reaction score
Hello again, I made another batch of soap yesterday and as usual it started out a pretty pale yellow, I closed it up, 24 hours later I opened it and walah brown, now I am used to this, but what was suprizing to me was it was only brown on the outside, the entire thing top, sides, and bottom were brown and the inside was a yellow/biege, I havn't had this happen before it looks like cheese cake. Can anyone tell me why this happend or will it all eventually tutn brown? I used the same receipe a few days ago to make a batch and the whole thing turned brown. The only diff. was the fragrance oil I used. Any ideas? thanks alot

ok I think I figured it out, I cut in to early it must have still been in the gel phase for it is now all solid brown. Funny but it's a learning experience and I will treasure every moment of it lol. This process is diff. going to take time to learn but it is very enjoyable, I still have my candles and jewelry to take to the craft shows this spring maybe just maybe soap by next christmas. Not gonna rush it though will only sell soap when I am comfortable it is a safe and wonderful product.

Actually, it probably was gelled, but sometimes (especially when fragrances cause color changes) the inside of a freshly cut bar has not oxidized yet as the outside has, and over a week or two the bar's color will become consistent as it oxidizes. I find this especially true with any fragrance containing vanilla. Glad you're having fun!

Back