Bath bomb packaging

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanSuds

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to all of this but have recently taken a few stabs at bath bombs with the intention of giving a few sets as gifts. I'm quite happy with the recipes I've come up with but have hit a bit of a hurdle when it comes to finding suitable packaging.

The bombs I've been doing are 2.5 inches in diameter - I've shrink wrapped a few and it works well enough to seal them so I don't need to worry about much moisture but this wont work on some of the more delicate ones as they are pretty heat sensitive.

I'm thinking I'm best off going with cupcake containers because of the inserts but I've yet to find anything remotely usable on amazon... I found two but neither are shipped by amazon or they want like 10 dollars per cardboard box. Maybe I'm not creative in my packaging thoughts but I can't think of much else that will look good as a gift and will keep the bombs from rolling around and getting damaged possibly.

Here's the batch I made today. Shrink wrapping them will melt the coco butter off the top into the plastic and looks really bad and the 'chocolate sauce' is a bit brittle if you were to let it roll or bounce around in a box...

b0zXy71.jpg

Maybe little cellophane 'treat bags'? Bag each one individually, tie off with a bit of ribbon, then put 2 or 3 or 6 bagged bombs into a kraft box (try searching for candy boxes). Shredded paper could be used to make little nests for them, if needed.

If freezing doesn't damage them, could you freeze them to keep the topping from melting for shrink wrapping?

If you are looking for cupcake boxes check out Oriental Trading. They have really cute boxes with the inserts that you could just line with shreds to cushion the bath bombs. I use them for Soapy Cupcakes. Or the clear sundae cups with a lid would work with shreds too. I actually have done that and got small clear ones from Webstaurant for a very reasonable price.

Latest posts

Back