Christmas Gift Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HowieRoll

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I haven't posted photos in a while, so thought I'd show the good, bad, and ugly soaps I've made for gifts this season.

First up:

(left) Holiday Spice with Orange & Cinnamon EO
(right) Snowfall (or maybe blizzard?) with Cedarwood, Patchouli, & Spearmint EO. This one is my attempt at Auntie Clara's dappled soap effect.

P1160610 SMF Resize.jpg

[/FONT][FONT=&quot](left)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Lemon Herb with Litsea Cubeba, Eucalyptus, Rosemary, & Lemongrass EO
(center) Double Butter with Lime, Litsea Cubeba, & Eucalyptus EO
(right) Tumbling Mint with Rosemary, Peppermint, & Spearmint EO

P1160624 SMF Resize.jpg

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Next are gifts with color schemes/designs reminiscent of certain wildlife for people I work with:

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot](left)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Striped Skunk with Lavender, Bergamot, Amyris, & Geranium EO
(right) Barred Owl with Fir Needle, Rosemary, & Spearmint EO
[/FONT]
P1160621 SMF Resize.jpg

[/FONT] Lastly are batches that didn't work out as beautifully as I envisioned in my head, but they do exist so it's only fair to share. :think:

(left) Red-Tailed Hawk with Orange, Cedarwood, & Patchouli EO. Notice how short the bars are? That's what happens when you take waaaay too much batter for the "secret feathers" in the middle and are left short to fill in the sides. Not that it mattered much, however, as the "secret feathers" are so secret that no one can see them. lol
(right) Fox Snake Scales with Litsea Cubeba, Lemongrass, & Patchouli EO. This was my first attempt at doing a "scales" soap. From far way it slightly resembles snakeskin, but up close, well, I'm grateful the scales will wear down first in the shower.

P1160622 SMF Resize.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, all, for your kind words! They were fun to make, regardless of outcome, and hey, they'll all get you clean. :)

Barred Owl and Red-Tailed Hawk! Wow! Your choice of colors and swirl technique are stunning.

Very nice! I love the dappled soap. It looks like snow falling at night. They're all so beautiful and the snake scales look awesome!

Back