Tea Box for mould for M&P

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manda129

Reaction score
Was wondering if this tea box would be alright to use as a mould, im waiting on an actual mould to turn up but all my ingredients turned up today and id really like to have a bit of a play?

so would this be alright to use?
P1040170800x600.jpg

P1040169800x600.jpg

sorry if photos are big

Yea i was hoping i could just line it and use it, instead of having to actually make a soap mold aswell, my grandfather used to work for bell tea so i have bout 30 of these laying around so would be nice to put them to a good productive use :)

Does iy have to be freezer paper? could you not use baking paper at all?

The beauty of being an artisan is that you can come up with all sorts of different methods and tools that work for you. As long as your soap can come out clean, you can use pretty much whatever you'd like.

i have use cigar boxes just like that. i even did a MP and CP swirl in one and it ruined the box. the MP leaked out and under the liner then i couldnt get the soap out at all. if you do it, make sure all your corners are leak proof and have a really large amount of paper left over so that you can lift it easier.

I think freezer paper would leak when doing MP. I would line it with a trashbag.

Anything you line it with will leave marks/wrinkles on the surface of your finished soap. I would run to the dollar stote and pick up a bread loaf pan.

Latest posts

Back