My first Beer Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngian

Reaction score
This is my 3rd soap recipe ever, and I used OO, CO, PO, lye concentration 30%, superfat 5%, along with 50% Lye Solution, beer (Greek product), sugar, silk, Titanium Dioxide @ one half and Bentonite Clay @ other half soap. I didn't use a blender, done it all by hand (whisk) as the trace came so fast.

septemBeer.jpg

I've CPOP it @ 65ºC for 3 hours but I can't understand if it has gelled. Maybe it is for the TD and BC that the gel can't be clearly seen.

beerSoapBig.jpg

It is just so addictive that I have to wait so long before I use the soap bar. I watch them cure as the days go by, thinking about when will be our first date at the bathroom!
icon_biggrin.gif

curringRack.jpg

ps
Next challenges will be adding PKO, Castor, and then starting to testing/adding scents...

Nikos

Thank you all for your comments. I have tried a bar after 3 weeks cure, and I have to say that beer is a great liquid to make soap with!

Although I have also added bentonite clay and I don't know how would beer behave alone, this bar creates a LOT of thick and creamy lather. This lather is made after ~6-7 seconds of soap scrubbing.

beerSoap2.jpg

I have also noticed that the part that has bentonite clay is a bit harder and doesn't "melt" easily with water usage.

beerSoap1.jpg

The bentonite (dark color) side is a little thicker than the whiter one (titanium dioxide).

I finally noticed that soap bars with the same amount of oils (OO 40%, CO 30%, PO 30%) but without beer, give a little bit more drying feeling, than with this one (beer and bentonite).

I really enjoy this soap from head to feet, and it needs at least 3 weeks more for curing, to become more harder and to loose more water, as I've used 30% lye concentration, instead of 33% because I was afraid of fast trace.

Nikos

Last edited:
Back