Math Genius Needed!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpstephy85

Reaction score
I have said it before... I suck at math :x so hopefully someone can help. I am trying to update my finances for the new year to make sure I am aligned with my pricing and I am having a hard time figuring out my wax melts. When I make candles/wax melts I use 16oz of wax which gets me one beer bottle candle (about 7 ounces) and then 3 wax melts which are 3 ounces each (the six piece clam shell types). I can figure out the cost of the wax and clam shell per pack but unsure of how to figure out the FO cost. I use 1oz per pound of wax and generally I use NG FOs which about about $2.60 per ounce. How would I break this down?

Okay, I kind of suck at math too, but, I think I figured it out. I took the 2.60 and divided it by 16 (for the amount of wax). So, that came to .1625. For the candle it would be .1625 x 7 = 1.13 and for the melts .1625 x 9 = 1.46 in Fo. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Thanks, Shunt! I wasn't sure if I would figure the whole amount of the FO by the amount of wax or not but that makes sense :clap: :grin:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back