Grapefruit EO blends

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love grapefruit eo. I want to make a batch of CP blending grapefruit with other essential oils. Any ideas? I’ve heard grapefruit scent doesn’t last.

It's been true in my experience so far that no citrus scent lasts very long in soap. The best I've found is orange peel wax used at 5% of my oils (treated as lanolin for lye calculation), but it's very definitely orange. I don't know if it would help anchor other citrus scents, but it's worth a try if you can get some.

If you're not opposed to blending the EO with an FO you might want to try Yuzu FO:

This fragrance oil by Natures Garden is most likely the most popular scent on the market. Also referred to as Japanese Grapefruit, Yuzu is not your ordinary grapefruit scent. Yuzu begins with top notes of mandarin, tangerine, lemon satsuma, and ruby red grapefruit, middle notes of bergamot, and base notes of oakmoss.

Or.... you could try blending the EOs listed. Oakmoss absolute is a wonderful anchor -- helps "stick" the scent. :thumbup:

I love grapefruit and mint! I use grapefruit fragrance though, instead of EO.

Latest posts

Back