Expired Ingredients

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanna

Reaction score
Hello all,

It's been a while since I've made any soap or lotion, but with the cold weather setting in, I thought I'd make another batch of lotion for personal use over the winter. The recipe I use is Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Beeswax, and Shea Butter. I still have a lot of the ingredients sitting around, but it expired back in May of this year. It's been out in the garage, so not exactly a temperature controlled environment.

Is it alright to use this stuff, or should I toss it and buy new?

Thanks!

[FONT=&quot]Hello Leanna,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I had some oils started to smell few weeks back as I stopped making soap for some time. I washed them with water, the information are in this link. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=50606[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It’s very interesting.. This should work with olive oil only. I don’t know if you would like to do the same thing. My oils smelled clean with very beautiful colors but thicker and they go to trace faster than fresh oils. I use them for myself and my family. I will be taking care of all my oils so I don’t need to go through the cleaning process again, however I feel it worth it the scientific experiment. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I learn a lot from DeeAnna, I am thankful for all what I benefit from her.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I don’t know about the butters or hard oils; mines are not out of date, I would like to know.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Have a great time.[/FONT]

Latest posts

Back