This Show...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's called Samurai Gourmet. It's too doggone short! I can't allow myself to bing watch this whole thing in one fell swoop. It's too funny and refreshing.

What are y'all binge watching on your spare time, if you even get to?

I still haven't watched Dr Who... It's up there with Firefly on shows I should have watched.

Seawoolfe, It's good but short. Like one of those appetizers that's good enough to be a main course.

I just watched "The People vs OJ Simpson." It was super interesting to me because I'm just barely too young to remember the trial. I was 5 when it was big news. I have more "cultural memories" from when I was 6 which was a really weird thing to realize.

More along the lines of what everyone else is recommending, "Sherlock" was absolutely fantastic. I watched it a week ago and I'm already debating watching it again.

I don't think I was too interested in that trial. I was too busy being bored in school (my kid is practically the same way except I at least tried to do my homework.) I'm not sure I really want to watch the OJ Simpson trial now. I still have a whole bunch of nature shows to watch and some Joy of Painting to lull me to sleep.

I watch nature shows to put me to sleep, also.

I binge watched Victoria (awesome!), Call the Midwife (also awesome), Bletchley Circle, Life Below Zero, and I forget the rest. We only have basic cable, but we have Amazon Prime and Netflix, so we stay entertained.

Oh Boy, I am a science fiction junkie, although do not like many of the new shows. My all time favorites are the star trek original series, and stargate SG-1

Legion, Elementary, Md Secretary......... many more

Elementary is a favorite of ours to watch, too.

BattleGnome said:
"Sherlock" was absolutely fantastic.

Yep- love Sherlock, as well (waiting for last season's DVD's). I don't know whether or not I can decide which version of Sherlock Holmes I like best- Elementary's Sherlock or Sherlock's Sherlock. Both are so much fun to watch.

BattleGnome said:
I just watched "The People vs OJ Simpson." It was super interesting to me because I'm just barely too young to remember the trial.

I was pregnant at the time with our son and can remember very well being glued to the TV along with everyone else around me watching the leisurely Bronco chase down the LA freeway, and also the trial. What a circus that was. As a new mom, I felt such incredible maternal sorrow for their kids. :(

We're also hooked on The Middle.

IrishLass :)

I am also hooked on new show ; Taken, fast action ;)
Elementary is perfect show. I also love the BBC Sherlock and watched it too, however the last one was a kind of disappointing for me

I've been watching Legion. What a head-scratcher. It's really fascinating to watch but I have noooo idea what's going on 50% of the time, hah.

Last edited:
I watch nature shows to put me to sleep, also.

I binge watched Victoria (awesome!), Call the Midwife (also awesome), Bletchley Circle, Life Below Zero, and I forget the rest. We only have basic cable, but we have Amazon Prime and Netflix, so we stay entertained.

Susie, where did you binge watch Victoria? Was it on Amazon Prime? I've wanted to watch it, but I cant bring myself to pay for it, and Amazon's the only place I found it, but I'd have to buy it.

Pickings have been pretty slim, I'm waiting for GOT to start up, but I read somewhere that won't be until JULY!!!!!!!!! I recently finished watching Parenthood, I'd never seen it while it was on TV. And I'm planning to watch The Riches on Netflix. I saw it while on TV, but it's definitely worth another watch. Eddie Izzard is amazing! I only knew him from some of his comedy shows on BBC, so he was quite a revelation on The Riches. I really wish that show had not been cancelled. I also love the Last Alaskans, even better than Life Below Zero. Blacklist is on break...I really want to know what's happening with Mr. Kaplan!

Susie, where did you binge watch Victoria? Was it on Amazon Prime? I've wanted to watch it, but I cant bring myself to pay for it, and Amazon's the only place I found it, but I'd have to buy it.

You can find Victoria on PBS. If you are a supporting member of your local station, there is an app for Roku, Fire, etc. Just $5/month (or $60 once) activates it and you can binge the whole thing. As an added bonus you can binge all seasons of the Great British Baking Show that have aired in the US, and if you haven't finished Downton Abbey it's there as well.

If you like Victoria, you'll probably also like The Crown on Netflix about Elizabeth II.

I just finished Iron Fist on Netflix and have previously watched Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage on same. They're Marvel superhero shows with more grit and interest than the Avengers-type MCU movies.

On Monday I started watching True Blood again from the beginning (on Amazon).

Soooo many things to watch. My cable/internet contact comes up for renewal in April and I'm really seriously considering dropping push-TV altogether.

My hubby started the binge of Iron Fist last night. I haven't been watching much on Netflix lately. Orange is the new black will be out in a couple months tho and that will be a binge.

My must watch tv shows aren't all playing right now but include Outlander, Walking Dead, Wicked Tuna, Gold Rush and Master Chef.

I miss shows that ended... True Blood, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, Weeds, Breaking Bad, Lost Girl.

Stargate SG1 was awesome too!

Susie, where did you binge watch Victoria?

You can find Victoria on PBS. If you are a supporting member of your local station, there is an app for Roku, Fire, etc. Just $5/month (or $60 once) activates it and you can binge the whole thing. As an added bonus you can binge all seasons of the Great British Baking Show that have aired in the US, and if you haven't finished Downton Abbey it's there as well.

If you like Victoria, you'll probably also like The Crown on Netflix about Elizabeth II.

My cable/internet contact comes up for renewal in April and I'm really seriously considering dropping push-TV altogether.

Yep, on PBS. I am a Masterpiece junkie. There isn't much they put out that I don't enjoy. (Why can't we have more of this type of entertainment on TV???)

The Crown was amazing also!

We have only basic cable for news and the Weather Channel (I lived too long in hurricane prone areas to not have a running weather source). We are too far from anywhere to get decent antennae reception, or we would have an antennae, and save the money. But with our internet and phone bundle, the cable is basically free.

I just finished Iron Fist on Netflix and have previously watched Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage on same. They're Marvel superhero shows with more grit and interest than the Avengers-type MCU movies.

On Monday I started watching True Blood again from the beginning (on Amazon).

Soooo many things to watch. My cable/internet contact comes up for renewal in April and I'm really seriously considering dropping push-TV altogether.

Yep, on PBS. I am a Masterpiece junkie. There isn't much they put out that I don't enjoy. (Why can't we have more of this type of entertainment on TV???)

The Crown was amazing also!

We have only basic cable for news and the Weather Channel (I lived too long in hurricane prone areas to not have a running weather source). We are too far from anywhere to get decent antennae reception, or we would have an antennae, and save the money. But with our internet and phone bundle, the cable is basically free.

Thanks BG and Susie, I did check out PBS, but that would involve another monthly charge, which I'm trying to avoid. Hopefully it will become available for free eventually. I heard it's sooo good.

Thanks BG and Susie, I did check out PBS, but that would involve another monthly charge, which I'm trying to avoid. Hopefully it will become available for free eventually. I heard it's sooo good.

I just paid the $60 once, and it doesn't auto-renew. At the time I was actually looking for the Great British Baking Show, and single seasons on Amazon were $19.99 so I figured, "why not?" It has ended up paying for itself with all the other things there are to watch. The interface feels a little clunky, truthfully, but the content itself is fantastic. Much higher "quality-to-crap" ratio than Netflix or Amazon.

As for Victoria itself, I did like it a lot, but I was consistently thrown by the blue contacts that Jenna Coleman wore throughout. As a long-time Doctor Who fan, she just looked wrong. :D

I usually watch my PBS stuff online (then cast it to the TV). It is free to access as long as you sign in using your closest PBS station. You may not be able to binge on a season unless you catch it during the season, but the episodes normally stay up for the whole season.

http://www.pbs.org/

Victoria is still up if you hurry, just scroll to the bottom of the home page. OH, and they are having an encore season of Wolf Hall!!! And To Walk Invisible looks awesome!

Back