Re batching cp goats milk soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Run1251

Reaction score
I made my first cold pour goats milk soap today and had a hard time getting the color, eo and oatmeal mixed in before it hardened. Could I make it with out additives, let it set up for a day or two and then rematch it with the additives. I've done this with other cp soaps. I really hate to be rushed.

Where does one get goat's milk from? I've seen this in tons of soaps online but can't seem to figure out where to get it.

If you don't have a local farmer you can buy from, and do not see it in your local grocery dairy section (might have to check a Whole Foods type place), you can get canned evaporated or powdered on Amazon

If you don't have a local farmer you can buy from, and do not see it in your local grocery dairy section (might have to check a Whole Foods type place), you can get canned evaporated or powdered on Amazon

Thank you!

Walmart carries it by the evaporated milk. They have cans of powdered GM, or cans of evaporated GM. I think most grocery stores carry it, if not on the baking aisle, check by the baby formula.

My local Kroger-owned grocer sells the fresh, pasteurized Meyenburg brand GM in a carton in the refrigerated section on a special shelf where all the alternatives to cow's milk are located. And it sells the canned, concentrated Meyenburg GM down the baking aisle amongst all the other kind of condensed/evaporated milks.

My local WholeFoods sells the fresh, canned and powdered GM, and I've seen them at Sprouts and Trader Joe's, too. My local healthfood store sells the powdered GM in a big can.

IrishLass :)

We have three dairy goats and have all the goats milk I want. I make cheeses and have just started goats milk soaps. I would prefer not to hp because that turns the milk sugars dark brown.

I have only rebatched a couple of batches, but I did have the misfortune of rebatching GM soap. Yes, it did turn brown. Matter of fact, that batch was why I decided that tossing a batch is better than rebatching.

Back