black vetyver coffee, daystar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I made the mistake or ordering this prior to researching on the main to page in the Google docs. Seems this fades to nothing in cp soap? Anyone ever able to make this scent work in soap, because I'd really love to use it! If not, I suppose it's going to be for lotions only:-(

How long ago did you make the soap? Sometimes scents come back after some of the water evaporates out. I've never tried that one so I couldn't say.

I haven't made the soap yet. When I got it, I wanted to go ahead and see what the notes were on the fragrance, so I looked at the Google Documents at the top of the fragrance section here. Newbie and one other person (i think one more) said it faded a ton. Newbie also said after several months she couldn't detect anything anymore, I believe is what it was. So I was wondering if anybody found a way to anchor it or help make it stand out by maybe blending it with something else. Thanks for the input though!

I mix black vetyver coffee with bendel bean from soap supplies.net and it sticks forever. I don't have my notes, but from my memory I think it's 1 part bendel bean & 3 parts BVC. I used to add white musk from DS, but this last time I did not and I really like it.

Glad I read this! I have some of the black vetyver left and have never wanted to use it again. MAybe I'll try it with some vanilla as well. Thanks!

Back